Monday, March 23, 2009

My Autographs

As promised, here is some information on the autographs I got while at Spring Training. I will start by saying the types of "merchandise" that I took to get signed included a white Rangers T-Shirt (which you've seen in pictures previously on this blog), some baseballs, some baseball cards, and two baseballs a friend got and asked for me to try to get signed for her boys. I can say that on those two baseballs for my friend's boys I got multiple autographs: Ball #1 -- Ian Kinsler, Michael Young, Elvis Andrus, & Josh Hamilton; Ball #2 -- Kevin Millwood, Scott Feldman, David Murphy, Elvis Andrus, & Josh Hamilton.

Now, as for the autographs for myself, I have listed below all the players on the Rangers 40-Man Roster and the Non-Roster Invites that were also at the Ranger's Spring Training (trying out for spots on the 40-Man Roster). You'll see the names below listed by position and which list (i.e. roster or non-roster). The number in parenthesis after their name is my own ranking system based on the level of difficulty I found it to be for getting that specific players autograph (taking into consideration batting practice signing opportunities and game signing opportunities). A (1) means I found them incredibly hard to get an autograph from (meaning most likely I didn't get one from them), and a (10) meaning they were giving away autographs like hot cakes. And finally you'll see listed after that number what (if anything) I got their autograph on.

Coaches
Ron Washington (5) – t-shirt
Gary Pettis (4) – baseball
Dave Anderson (N/A – never saw him)
Mike Maddox (1 – I don’t think I saw him sign for a single person)

40-Man Roster Players:
Pitchers

Joaquin Benoit (N/A -- injured)
Willie Eyre (N/A – never saw him)
Scott Feldman (8) – t-shirt
Frank Francisco (N/A – never saw him)
Matt Harrison (9) – t-shirt
Tommy Hunter (N/A – never saw him)
Eric Hurley (N/A -- injured)
Warner Madrigal (N/A – never saw him)
Brandon McCarthy (7) – card
Luis Mendoza (9) – t-shirt, card
Kevin Millwood (9) – t-shirt
Dustin Nippert (7) – t-shirt
Vicente Padilla (N/A – never saw him)
Josh Rupe (N/A – never saw him)
C.J. Wilson (8) – t-shirt, baseball

Catchers
Max Ramirez (N/A – at WBC)
Jarrod Saltalamacchia (7) – t-shirt
Taylor Teagarden (8) – card

Infielders
Joaquin Arias (1 – I don’t think I saw him sign for a single person)
Hank Blalock (3) – t-shirt
Chris Davis (8) – t-shirt, card
Ian Kinsler (7) – t-shirt
Travis Metcalf (N/A – never saw him)
Michael Young (6)

Outfielders
Brandon Boggs (6) – t-shirt, card
Marlon Byrd (1 – I don’t think I saw him sign for a single person)
Frank Catalanotto (N/A – saw him but never attempted to get autograph)
Nelson Cruz (1 – I don’t think I saw him sign for a single person)
Josh Hamilton (8 – this man had more people following him everywhere he went than any other player, but whenever he would start signing, he would sign for hours if needed till he signed everything everyone had for him to sign…a GREAT guy!) 2 cards
David Murphy (8)

Non-Roster Invites to Spring Training:
Pitchers
Kris Benson (8) – t-shirt
Casey Daigle (N/A – never saw him)
Brendan Donnelly (N/A – never saw him)
Neftali Feliz (5)
Jimmy Gobble (N/A – never saw him)
Brian Gordon (N/A – never saw him)
Eddie Guardado (7) – t-shirt, baseball
Derek Holland (9) – t-shirt, baseball
Jason Jennings (8) – t-shirt
Doug Mathis (8) – baseball
Elizardo Ramirez (N/A – saw him but never attempted to get autograph)
Joe Torres (N/A – never saw him)
Derrick Turnbow (N/A – never saw him)

Catchers
Emerson Frostad (9) – card
Adam Melhuse (N/A – saw him but never attempted to get autograph)
Manuel Pina (N/A – never saw him)
Kevin Richardson (N/A -- injured)

Infielders
Elvis Andrus (9) – t-shirt, on 2 cards
Justin Smoak (9) – t-shirt, baseball
Omar Vizquel (2 – I tried to get this man so many times!! I only saw him sign like three times the whole week, and each time was only a few autographs)

Outfielders
Andruw Jones (3) – card

The ones I'd still really like to get are:
Omar Vizquel; Mike Maddox; Joaquin Benoit; Vicente Padilla; Joaquin Arias; Marlon Byrd; Nelson Cruz; & Neftali Feliz

We'll see...who knows what autographs the season might still have in store for me! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment